Some of us are old enough to remember living through the 80's, and may have been shocked (horrified) when the style of the 80's made a comeback in recent years. Now, it's time to visit another decade of the past as a 70's revival is going to be a HUGE trend for Spring/Summer 2011, and I couldn't be more excited!
From 70's boho to sophisticated and glam style, there is a 70's trend for everyone. As with any trend though, when it comes back into style, it is always updated in some way...so please keep that in mind.
So, if you want to get in on the 70's trend now, here are some ways to do it "real life" style.
- Earthy 70's colours.
- High waisted wide-leg pants or flares. If you are not a fan of high waisted or it doesn't suit your body type, go for a lower rise wide leg or flare pant/jean.
- Bow-blouses in a silky satin like fabric.
- Shimmery and draping fabrics in metallics for 70's evening glam style.
- Wide statement belts worn low on the hips.
- If you are a hat person, a bold floppy style is H-O-T.
- Exotic jewellery. Think colourful stone statement rings, mixed bangles, layers of long necklaces, and shorter chunky beaded ones too.
- When it comes to your handbag, go for a leather satchel for 70's boho look.
- For footwear, nothing screams 70's style more than a platform.
Remember, these are elements to add to your current style, not to do head to toe. True style comes from mixing trends with your current look.