Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Dreaded Muffin Top...

Okay, I know, it has been WAAAY too long since I have posted something, but between keeping up with business, my new make up line Pretty Funky, and the holidays, I hope you will forgive me.

Speaking of the holidays, I am devoting today's post to dealing with some post holiday bulge. I know alot of you will be hitting the gym extra hard or counting calories ot get rid of it (I know I will thanks to an overindulgence in Toblerone...HA HA)), but in the meantime, I want to give you some tips on how to camoflague it in the meantime. And today, it's all about the Muffin Top.



You know, those bits of flesh that poke overtop of your jeans when they are too tight, or maybe your body is just made that way...tight jeans or not (by the way, Muffin Tops don't dicriminate, they come on all shapes and sizes).

Here, my Do's and Don'ts on dealing with it.

DO
1) Invest in some higwaisted shapewear to smooth it out a bit.
2) Go for a slightly higher rise pant. This is not to be confused with a high rise, pleated "Mom" jeans - just something not so low. Instead, try a rise of about 9" where the waistband sits just below your belly button.
3) Try A- line and empire waisted tops that skim your torso, or tops that have ruching around the waistline to camoflauge any mid section issues.



DO NOT
1) Wear oversized, XL tops thinking it will hide everything - it will just make you look bigger.
2) Wear jeans that are too small for you. Fit the hardest to fit body part first, then alter the rest. So, fit your waist first, then have the bum and legs taken in if need be (yes, this can be done).
3) Belting at your waist. This will just squish the extra skin around your midsection under and over top of it. Instead, show off the smallest part of you by wearing tops that are fitted up higher (like the Empire waist mentioned above).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...