Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

I Don't...

We are officially full on into Wedding season, so I thought I would dedicate today's post to what you should NOT wear to a wedding.



1) A white dress
 It may seem like an outdated rule, but it still applies. I don't care how much your dress doesn't look like a wedding dress, white is reserved for the Bride that day. Wearing HER colour that day would be just rude. And with so many other colour choices out there, just don't do it. 
2) Anything Bridal-like
In other words, anything so flashy that it may outshine the Bride (or the Bridesmaids). In case you're not sure what that would be...it means anything shiny and sequined, anything with lots of tiers or ruffles, or anything with a bustier like top. Get it?
3) Super Sexy
I don't care how smokin' your body is, there is a time and a place for your sexy, over the top dress. And today is not it. Save your cleavage revealing, too short, too tight dress for the Stagette. 

2 comments:

  1. Great tips! I also would like to add something for a bride. Recently I saw pictures of a bride wearing her beatiful white gown and bright yellow shoes and her bouqet was yellow as well. I have to tell you that looked amazing! I am not sure what " Practical Fashionista " has to say about that, but I thought it was so fresh and summery and sexy and different for the bride! Zuzana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see that! I love when a Bride does something other than simple white.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...