Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Style Resolutions


It's about that time of year when those of us who made New Years Resolutions start to slack off a bit. Well, in honour of that, here are some great Style Resolutions I found online courtesy of a colleague of mine,Imogen Lamport (based out of Australia.

1. I will only buy what is flattering to me, the colours that make me look healthy and vibrant, the styles that make my body look fabulous and make me feel good both inside and out. 

2. I will avoid buying anything that I have the mental thought of "It'll do" rather than "I love it".  I will save my money for "I love it" items, even the basics need to be the best basics for my wardrobe.


3. I will go through my wardrobe
and will get rid of any clothing (sell, charity, consignment, donate, swap) that no longer suits my lifestyle or goals.

4. I will alter clothes that I love, but that just don't fit right.  Once altered I'll then be able to wear them and feel comfortable and stylish in them.


5. I will look at my clothing through the eyes of someone shopping for their own personal boutique, if the garment isn't good enough for me to buy from a charity or 2nd hand shop, then it does not deserve a place in my wardrobe. 

So, what do you think? Are those resolutions you think you can keep this year? Can you do them yourself? If so, GREAT! But if not...

You look to a trainer for personalized workout advice, a weight loss coach to lose the weight, why not use the services of a Personal Stylist to help get you started? 

Check out www.practicalfashionista.com for a list of services, or get in touch with me at lisa@practicalfashionista.com and we can chat about it...no pressure.

As well, if you'd like to learn more about upcoming Practical Fashionista Style Workshops that will teach you how to be your most stylish and confident self EVER, message me today to inquire about dates and registration. For those of you who live too far away to attend the workshops in person or think they can't make the commitment to a certain date/time, message me and let me know if you'd be interested in an online version of my Style Workshops too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...