You can't talk fashion without chatting about beauty once in a while, right? So, today's guest post is from one of my fave Canadian beauty experts!
When it comes to Fall beauty trends, who better to ask then my friend Lisamarie at Beauty Crazed. Not only is she beauty crazed but also product obsessed - which means she can give us great suggestions on what to use to get the season’s hottest looks!
1) Complexion Perfection – Not that perfect skin is ever out but this Fall matte skin is out and skin that seems to glow from within is in. You can get the glowy look from a illuminator but the best way to get it is with a foundation that lets your own skin’s glow shine through!
Guerlain Lingerie de Peau ($62 - Murale ); The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals ($25 – www.thebodyshop.ca); Maybelline FIT ME ($10.49 – Shoppers Drug Mart)
2) Strong Brows - They can be hard for some of us to achieve, especially if you were too liberal with your tweezer use during skinny brow trends. If you need some help with that just remember that any product that is good for growing lashes can also be used on the brows!
It Cosmetics Brow Power ($24 - www.theshoppingchannel.com); RapidLash ($49.95); Smashbox Brow Tech ($30 – Shoppers Drug Mart)
3) Red Lips – Matte, satin, glossy, whatever your poison, you’re going to see it on lips this season!
Maybelline Color Sensational in Red Revival ($9.99 - Walmart); Guerlain Rouge G de Guerlain in Garconne ($50 - Sephora); Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Triomphal ($40 – Holt Renfrew)
4) Metallic Nails – From subtle to downright sparkly, this is a trend that everyone can find a product to make work for them!
Dior Vernis in Tuxedo ($26 - Sephora); Quo by Orly in Mystic Night ($10 – Shoppers Drug Mart); OPI DS in Temptation ($15.95 – Trade Secrets)
5) Smoky Eyes have come a long way to the panda look-alikes that they used to portray. Colour makes them fresh and new and blue is my pick for a fresh and sexy look!
Dior 3 Couleurs Smoky Eyes Palette ($49 – The Bay); Lancome Ombre Absolue Palette Quad ($54 - Sephora); Jillian Dempsey for Avon Professional Eye Smokifier ($9.99 - www.avon.ca)