Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Loving Yourself

Today's post is a bit different from what I normally do, but SO important!

A friend of mine posted this link on Facebook and I can't help but share it because it is so relevant to the type of work I do working with women on their image.

Let me begin by saying there is nothing wrong with (or vain about) wanting to feel good about how you look and dress. Because when you look good, you feel good - we all know that. But the key is wanting to look YOUR best, not looking like some other sort of unattainable standard that the media forces upon us. Because guess what? Those standards aren't even real! Between the primping, the lighting, and the digital editing, those gorgeous bodies and faces you see in the media don't even really look like that themselves! 


Which brings me to my holiday wish for you...

I hope for all of you to remember this post and the images you saw in the link above the next time you begin to bad mouth yourself for not being "enough" and comparing yourself to those un-real images - and instead, celebrate the unique, beautiful, charming woman I know you are...and that you never forget it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...