Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscars Best & Worst Dressed for 2012


Of course, it's all about the Oscar's today...

After my disappointment with the fashion choices at the Grammy Awards earlier this month, I was hoping to be WOWED. I wasn't.

Sure there were some great choices, but nothing that really took my breath away (except for some of the worst ones of course). Check out my choices below and let me know what you think. 

Who did it best and who missed the mark?

For my best dressed list...I am loving the dramatic elegance of Gwyneths look. Though Michelle Williams dress didn't quite fit her body shape the best, she made my best dressed list only because I LOVED the style of the dress, and the colour (Tangerine Tango) is on trend for Spring/Summer 2012. When it comes to Jennifer Lopez, I thought she just looked gorgeous...the dress sparkled and so did she! And lastly, I am not a big fan of Cameron Diaz, but I think she rocked it in that gown...I loved the bottom of it and think it gave her shape a much softer and feminine silhouette than usual.

As for the worst...Rooney Mara could have done better. She has been described as a "designers dream come true", but I think this dress is a nightmare. Natalie Portman doesn't usually disappoint, but this polka dot gown was a bit of a yawn for me - it has a casual vibe to it for me. As for Sandra (who I LOVE by the way), I did not like this choice for her. The fit was off everywhere! I didn't like how unfitted it was up top and how tight it was on the bottom. It just looked messy to me. And lastly, the gown worn by Jessica Chastain was touted as one of the best on some sites, but it just didn't do it for me, and the colour choice was a bad one for the fair skinned red head.

1 comment:

  1. I have exactly the same opinion. It was the most boring red carpet ever. All dresses were so dull! I agree with you on Gwyneth Paltrow and Michelle Williams being the best dressed, but I disagree on Cameron Díaz and Jennifer López. I find the bottom part of Cameron's dress horrible. And, in my opinion, Jennifer López looks tasteless, as she usually does with all her extremely tight and revealing dresses she chooses. But on your choice of worst dressed, I couldn't agree more! What an awful Oscar's red carpet this year!

    Sara from Diary of a Modern-Day-Lady

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...